Drop Shipping Products
People have been distributing products for years. Drop Shipping products has been around for a long time, too. Probably as long as mail order catalogues; maybe longer.
If you want to use a buzzword to impress a corporate type, call it "second party addressing".
Effectively this means that you sell products on the internet and get someone else to deliver the product. You become the
RETAILER without ever physically handling the goods.
The best part is that you actually only pay for what you have already sold! No stock, no inventory, no packaging or queuing at the Post Office!
How Drop Shipping Works
- Open an Internet Store, with a shopping cart and the ability to accept credit cards
- Find a distributor who is willing to DROP SHIP the products you want to sell.
- Establish an account as a retailer with the Drop Ship Wholesale Supplier.
- Receive images and descriptions of the products you want to sell from the Drop Shipper and post them on your Internet Store.
- A customer surfs into your Internet Store, and falls in love with a product that you have priced at, say, $80. They purchase the item with their credit card. Your Store charges their credit card $80 plus your shipping fee.
- You turn around and email the order to your Drop Shipper, along with the customer's name and address.
- The Drop Shipper sends the product directly to your customer, with YOUR Store's name on the package.
- The Drop Shipper charges you the wholesale price of, say, $45.00, plus shipping.
- Your customer gets a cool product from your store shipped to their door, and they tell all their friends about you, and you make even more money.
There you have it. You just made a $35.00 profit on one item by drop shipping. You didn't have to buy a whole supply of the product and keep it in your
warehouse, hoping you would sell it. You didn't have to pay to have it shipped to you, and then pay to ship it to your customer.
All you did was send an email to your Drop Ship Wholesale Supplier.
That's the drop shipping process in a nutshell!
Drop Shipping Suppliers
If you are thinking about selling drop shipping products from a website or auction site, then this is a list of suppliers. I have researched these to
the best of my ability. I am led to believe that they are reputable companies, however, as with anything, please do your own research and test the waters
before you launch into a full scale business with them.
- Dropshipping Wholesalers A website with access to 500 true drop shippers with 200,000 drop ship products
- SaleHoo. Membership of SaleHoo gets you access to hundreds of wholesalers from China who
sell the hottest electronics, clothing etc in bulk at huge discount.
- Ingram Micro is the second largest electronics distributor
in the world. They are a class act and offer very good pricing.
- Worldwide Brands is a respected company that has a list of reputable drop shippers.
- EZ Drop Shippers is a large reputable drop shipper with products that are seen on TV.
- HotBuy4U.com is a wholesaler that has many discontinued items at very low prices.
Return from Drop Shipping Products to Home Work Business Opportunities.